Cape Breton like minded individuals

Caperdave

Cape Breton like minded individuals

Post by Caperdave » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:37 am

Hey! I am new to the idea of nudism/naturism. Have always liked to be naked, took any opportunity to skinny dip (alone) or sunbath.... was recently on vacation In Jamaica and the resort had a nude beach. I went, but chickened out... seemed a lot more “topless”
Then full nude.... anyway... I live in conservative Cape Breton and am looking to see if there is a community of like minded, textile free people here... I have yet to find it if there is... would totally be down for a pool event during the winter or beach (if we have one) in summer. I do know a few secret swimming holes where I have got my
Kit off and gone skinny dipping.... hello? Is anyone out there ?

dkierste

Re: Cape Breton like minded individuals

Post by dkierste » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:07 pm

My fiancé is from Cape Breton and we too are looking for a place to go swimming “freely”.

Caperdave

Post by Caperdave » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 pm

I don’t know about swimming freely, you can get away with some skinny dipping at Dalem lake, depending on the time m, weather etc. You can hike around the lake, there are spots to get Into the water that can be secluded. I have been at the main beach area, on rainy days and it’s pretty safe to sneak in for a swim.

Birthday Stu

Post by Birthday Stu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:32 pm

I would be very wary of baring it at Dalem's Lake. It is in pretty heavy use by families and a lot of people who go there would find nudity inappropriate.

Probably the best place on the island is at Morrison's beach. It is about an hour outside of Sydney between Fourchu and Framboise, at the end of Pig Point Road. It is unmarked but you can google map it.

There are some serious disadvantages: the water is cold until August and really only bearable after that: there is no cell reception; there are no nearby stores; it can be 30 degrees inland and 15 and foggy on the coast some days (check the Fortress of Louisbourg webcam before you go to get a rough idea of what to expect). However, if you can get over that this place is amazing. The beach is about 7 km long with long stretches of sand, especially at the northeast end by Fuller's River. It is often completely deserted, even in the middle of the summer. Occasionally, there are a few families, but they almost always tend to stay very close to the entrance (the end of Pig Point Road). If you walk 10 or 15 minutes (2 or 3 km) you will have as much privacy as you need to be comfortable and avoid scandalizing the locals. There are occasional dog walkers but you can see them coming from a couple kilometers away, giving you plenty of time to finish your swim and cover up. Anyone else using the beach a kilometer or two up from the entrance probably doesn't care if you are naked. Because it is a wilderness protected area, there shouldn't be any atv's (although there are. But they can't really complain about seeing a bare ass if they are driving over protected dunes.)